Odyssey understands that the quality of our teachers is the lifeblood of our program, so we take every possible step to ensure the recruitment, training and retention of the best staff while focusing on their overall job satisfaction. Additionally, our pay and benefits package that includes earned leave, holiday pay and group insurance benefits is unmatched by any other Birmingham childcare provider, and we work hard to create a positive work environment featuring monthly staff birthday celebrations and other teacher appreciation days. This approach results in an exceptionally low teacher turnover rate and a stable learning environment for our students.
So, if receiving the best pay and benefits in the industry, in the nicest facilities anywhere, while working with other teaching professionals who desire a positive team approach, and working with an ownership and management team that truly values your efforts sounds like something you’d like in your job, then Odyssey is the place for you!
Odyssey takes great steps to ensure that our team has terrific members who are fully qualified under both the law and our own stringent requirements to work in the daycare and preschool industry.
The following list details those items and documents which will be required of all staff prior to their first day at Odyssey. If you have any questions about this list, please ask the Director during your interview.
Required Employment items
- Three references from former employers
- CAN Central Registry Clearance Request (DHR-FCS-1598)
- DHR Criminal History Check Application
- DHR Medical Report for Persons Giving Care to Children (DHR-CDC-737)
- DHR Verification that Staff Persons Have Read the Minimum Standards
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of Social Security Card OR Birth Certificate
- Verification of Education (copy of high school and/or college diploma / transcript)
After completing the Employment Application, please call whichever (or both) of our schools to speak with the director regarding any openings that we might have.